Friday, May 12, 2006

Lagos-street-01-ol


Lagos-street-01-ol
Originally uploaded by Elron6900.
This is a fairly typical street scene from Victoria Island in Lagos In part, I took the shot to show the kind of traffic we dealt with on a regular basis, but the "Battle of the Gods" sign in the background was the secondary reason, lol.

That was one of those things that was uniquely Lagos. It advertised an evangelical revival, a regular event, that tried to convert local animist believers into Christianity. I never did attend one, but the inpression I got was that much of the conversion was done under the "my God is stronger than your God" mentality, and that Battle of the Gods was a very literal description of the sort of services.

I plan to scan and post pics from my Africa trips over the next few weeks. Where possible, I will include my original journal entries on the subject as well. Hope you enjoy :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home