Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Quotations …

Usually, I'm more interested in in-depth arguments than one-liners, but there are times when a thought is expressed so eloquently that all necessary argumentation is done in just a few simple words. If they don't convince you of their truth, they at least make you think deeply about the issues involved.

On my google page, one of the modules pulls up 4 new quotes everyday, from The Quotations page. Often times, they are forgettable, but every once in awhile, one comes up that is worth sharing. Yesterday, they hit the trifecta, so to speak, with 4 quotes worthy of serious discussion. So I'll throw them out and comment on them as you will …

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

[info][add][mail]

Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 - 1821)

The more things change, the more they remain… insane.

[info][add][mail]

Michael Fry and T. Lewis, Over the Hedge, 05-09-04

A myth is a religion in which no one any longer believes.

[info][add][mail]

James Feibleman

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is.

[info][add][mail]

Chuck Reid

2 Comments:

At 4:32 p.m., Blogger chumly said...

Yep the Frey and Lewis quote I can attest to. The older I get the more insane the world and me get.

 
At 4:34 p.m., Blogger chumly said...

Sorry that's Fry not Frey. My insane mistake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home