Saturday, April 22, 2006

Fireworks and flags ...

I'm not typically a very patriotic person. I like my country all right, but as I've said elsewhere, I tend to view myself as a citizen of the planet, not any specific part of it. Regardless, I can't help enjoy the sight of the Canadian Maple Leaf, especially in interesting photography.

I took this shot in 2002, during the Calgary Stampede Fireworks. Special thanks goes to my good friend Nancy, whose deck served as the composition point. I took dozens of shots on this night, and several others that year, from roughly the same spot.

I ended up with more colourful shots, more active shots, perhaps even more interesting shots ... I've posted 2 others I really like from that year's fireworks at my Flickr page as well. I suppose what I love about this one is the juxtaposition with the flag. The long exposure needed for the fireworks arc usually produces a blurred image of something like a flapping flag, so this crisp, clear flag beside a nice fireworks burst was remarkable, I thought.

2 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elron

Beautiful fireworks, hope to see more this year.

Tigereyes

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Apache is one of the most commonly used web servers out there. If you are running your own cPanel server your websites will actually run on Apache. If you're new to administering a web server thennetwork operating systemnetwork operating system

 

Post a Comment

<< Home